Saturday, April 24, 2010

Flatterday Saturday

Happy Saturday everyone!!!
I'm so ready for this weekend...it's time to chill :)

It's Maria here today and I am the lucky person who gets to post about the WONDERFUL {Lisa Henke}.

I only knew Lisa from her creations before we were on the {ippity} design team and I thought she was AMAZING then :) Now that I get to work with her, I have to say I'm so honored to have such a BEAUTIFUL person like her in my life. She is always so willing to help out {like with tonight's VSBN challenge} and her postive attitude is contagious!!! She is just one of the reasons this design team is so AMAZING!!
Lisa you are a SUPERSTAR!!
Let's kick this thing off with a little info from Lisa :)


· Tell us a little about yourself.
Hello, It’s Lisa Henke here. I live a very blessed life here in the Midwest in the big city of Cincinnati, OH. I’m originally from Michigan and my family is still up there. It’s only about a 4 hour drive, so I get to go home regularly. I attended college at the University of Michigan where I met my wonderful husband, Tim. I followed him back here to Cinci, his hometown, and we’ve been here ever since (12 yrs now!). I get to stay home with my 3 very active, rambunctious, and sweet little guys-love that! It’s the hardest job I’ve ever had, but it’s the best job and I wouldn’t have it any other way-plus it allows me to be home and stamp when I can. There is rarely a day that goes by where I don’t create something. I love this craft/hobby/passion!! And feel so fortunate to work with such a great company!Lisa with her boys {Tim (dh), Nicholas, Joshua and Ryan} at a UM football game

·How did you first get involved in stamping?
Same a lot of you-a stampin’ up! workshop, thanks to my MIL!!
·What is your stamping style?
I don’t know….I used to think CAS, but now I add so many layers and embellishments, I don’t think it counts. I’ve been told I have a scrappy style-I like that!
·Tell us about your creative process.
I actually have it all in my head before I get started (now it doesn’t always turn out the way I envision, but it’s often close). While I stamp and create daily, my actual stamping time is limited, so I pretty much have to know what I want to create before I sit down. I love a good sketch, and am always inspired by great dp-those are probably my two starting points. Other times, it is the stamp that dictates what I want to make.
·What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?
Where you Should Be-is that a shocker???? LOVE the sentiments, and THOSE leaf images-awesome!
·How often do you stamp?
daily
·How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?
Varies, but probably 20-30 minutes on average.

I'm SO happy that she sent me this card to post because it's one of my faves!!
·What does your craft room look like?
Messy! I am not good about putting stuff away. The floor is always cluttered with papers and stamps.
·What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?
Getting out of a rut. Sometimes I feel like I am creating the same thing over and over, you may not see that, but it is how I feel some weeks.
·If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three things you would bring?
my 4 favorite boys (yes, DH is included here!), ice cream, and my Ipod
·What is your favorite quote?
hmmmm, I am not a quote person, but Unity/ippity is making me into one. I love this verse from Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
·What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Lots of condiments, stuff to make salads, diet coke, beer, milk, cheese!
·If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
I know he’s not a super hero, but Inspector Gadget-how cool would it be to have go-go gadget arms
·What would your dream vacation be?
Hawaii, or some other tropical island-beach, sunshine, and crystal clear waters, ahhhh
How about one more Lisa creation!!!

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Lisa as much as I have!! Make sure you check out the {ippity} sponsored {Virtual Scrapbook Night} tonight on Splitcoast. You can {CLICK HERE} to be taken to the forum. Lisa and I got to work together for a ROCK OF LOVE challenge that we are very excited about :)

COME JOIN US!!!

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible."

8 comments:

  1. Great to get to know you Lisa! Your family is just to cute and I just love your creative style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family is adorable, lisa! loved reading about you--sweet cards, as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww! thanks Maria and all that left comments here! you make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa what a treat to learn some more details about you. Your picture at the U of M stadium makes me miss my grandparents!! I loved all your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, it is so fabulous to be able to get to know you better! You are one talented chickadee and someone to look up to and inspire us with all your creativity and sweet attitude for life! Super big hugs girlio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa...it was sooooo FUN reading about you!!!! Happy to hear you are a messy crafter, too...not so happy to hear that I take over an hour to create a card and you come up with AMAZING creations in 20-30 mins...LOL....And WOW...that quote should be put in rubber...LOVE it, and soooo very true!!! I am so very honored to be on the same DT with you!!!! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Lisa...you are such a doll and your creativity is inspiring! Thanks for letting us get to know you!

    ReplyDelete