Saturday, July 10, 2010

Flatterday Saturday with Emily Candy

Happy Saturday everyone!!!!  It's Flatterday Saturday and today 
I am here to flatter another AMAZING
IPPITY CHICK,

EMILY CANDY from the UK!


Emily is one of the top UK Ippity Chicks and I loved learning more about her and I am sure you will love her interview as well!

So, here is a little bit about EMILY!

I am a stay at home mum to my two children who are three and five years old.  We live in Oakley which is a medium sized village in Hampshire in the south of England, it is a fairly rural area and we are lucky to have a home backing straight onto farm land.  Our house is also home to six chickens, two cats and two gerbils so its always a bit mad.
I am lucky to have a very understanding boyfriend who is happy to put my absent mindedness and complete inability to run a house down to me being 'creative'!

How did you first get involved with stamping?
I started crafting about three years ago and when I first started I did not get on with stamps at all.  It was not until about two years ago that I found unmounted stamps and I fell in love with them.  They were so much easier to use and offered such versatility it was the start of an obsession.  I have not looked back since.

What is your stamping style?
My style is always changing but it is always simple.  I am not a patient papercrafter so techniques that involve a lot of waiting around are not for me, I love stamps that give impact, be it a quote or an image, ones that shout 'Use me' from the packet.

What is your creative process?
I make quite a lot of cards for commissions from friends and family as well as some for a local shop.  I sometimes find this inhibits my creativity a little as I often have someone else's tastes and preferences as my primary concern.  However what ever I am making be it for fun or for a commission my fist call is always to choose which stamps I want to use and then to chose paper to compliment, I find when I have those two sorted the rest flows more easily.

What is your favourite {ippity} stamp set?
It is very hard to choose a favourite set... I love the quote stamps so at the moment I think my favourite set is 'Delightful Little Things' the stamp 'Be Realistic Plan for a Miracle' is my all time favourite stamp that is for sure - sums up things around here most days, lol.

How often do you stamp?
I like to do something creative every day if possible, I find it helps counteract the stress and rush of day to day life.

What is the name of your {ippity} sales blog?
www.ippityinspiration.blogspot.com

What made you decide to start selling {ippity}?
I have been a Unity fan for as long as I have been stamping and the day Angela and team announced the launch of {ippity} that was it, I couldn't think of anything else and signed up with a few days of the announcement.  I was very excited to be part of it from the start and for a while be the only UK {ippity} chick.

Tell us about your experience selling {ippity}?
I love the {ippity} stamps and I think that has made the process of selling them very enjoyable,  I sell a lot of stamps on line but I also sell through local craft evenings I run where I find the stamps really sell themselves.  When people have made a project they  never thought they could and it looks fabulous they want to go away and make more. 
I have been very lucky to meet some lovely ladies over the past six months who help me show off the stamps and spread the {ippity} message on my blog and on their own, without them I would not be here that is for sure.  I also have some amazing customers who always astound me with what they make and keep coming back for new stamps which is lovely.

If you were a super hero what would your super power be?
I think I would very much like to be able to freeze time... if there could be just a couple more hours in every day I may actually get everything done :)

And now here are a few of her BEAUTIFUL Ippity creations to feast your eyes on!






Aren't these just gorgeous creations!!!!  I am so loving her albums!!!  Well, I hope you enjoyed spending some time with Emily, just like I did!  If you would like to see some more beautiful work from Emily, please stop by her blog for a visit.

Have a fabulous Saturday!


9 comments:

  1. Well done Emily, love your makes :0) And also Thanks for introducing me to {Ippity} stamps.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to get to learn a little bit about you Emily. Your project are fabulous and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool so see my own ippity chick, the woman responsible for getting me TOTALLY addicted to ippity stamps, here! Well done Emily! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily it is so wonderful to get to know you better!! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us!!And congrats on being such a great Ippity sales person!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Emily!! Great to know you a little better, and love your stuff! Fantastic albums too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous ippity cards...it was so FUN getting to know you Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to put a face to the name. Just want to say thank you for starting me off on my ippity/unity obsession :)

    ReplyDelete