Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hi everyone... I have a simple tip for you today.

I love the idea of reusing cards.  Meaning, when I give a card to someone, he or she can turn around and use it for someone else.  But how to do that????  I used to use cute sticky notes for my messages.  Once removed, it is a clean and ready to use card again.  While I liked the sticky note idea, I wanted something a little fancier.  Which let to this bright idea.  Probably not original, but it sure made me happy and it is super easy.




This is my Hippity Hop card from yesterday.  Now, how to turn it into a reuseable card??? 

Just make an insert.  Super easy, right!?!



 I used some fancy resume paper I had in my closet and cut the insert just a tad smaller than the card.  Decorate as you would normally for the inside of the card and insert.  That way the recipient can remove and reuse the card should they want too.  Fun right!  I also keep some simple inserts on hand (for birthdays and such) so I can grab any card and insert when I need it. 


Now I have options for this card.  It could be for a baby gift or for Valentine's Day depending on which comes first!!!  heehee. 


I hope you enjoyed my tip, not exactly rocket science, but it is a tip I love to use.

Lisa Arana

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea, Lisa! I love the "green" aspect of this idea, as well as playing it forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card. Now this is one creative and inspiring idea. This is a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! That is one sweet card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! All of those beautiful cards we all make should definitely be re-used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card--You are super creative, Lisa!! LOOOOOOOOVE when you share your projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card! I love the natural cardstock with the white!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a sweet card, who wouldn't love to use it twice! tfs, lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a great idea! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is AWESOME lisa...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete