Friday, August 6, 2010

Fresh Idea Friday

Hey there!!
Time for another Fresh Idea Friday. I got a few new goodies at CHA and I was anxious to try them out for today's post. I wasn't sure my idea was going to work but I'm pleased to say that it came out just like I had in mind...I love when that happens :)
I've never used cork on a card before but it's a hot item right now. I was super happy to get my hands on some and even happier that I could stamp on it. The frame from {Season of Joy} stamped really clear....then I just cut around the edges. I was going to use my coordinating labels dies but freehand was really quick. I love the whimsy touch the cork adds to the card.
Try stamping on some unexpected surfaces and see what you can come up with. It doesn't even have to be a new product...find something around the house and give it a try. I LOVE stamping on cardboard too!!!
That's it from me today :)
Don't forget to mark your calendars for the
NEW RELEASE
on
AUGUST 12th
Sneak peeks start on August 8th and you won't want to miss them.
Of course if you are already signed up as an {ippity} chick then you have seen the whole release...just another benefit of being a chick :)
Make sure you come back by tomorrow for Flatterday Saturday...we are revealing the NEW guest designer for this release and WOW is she fabulous!!
Maria Gurnsey



Locate an Ippity Chick!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring card. I just love how you used the cork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep! love me some cork, it's so fun to work with. great card!

    ReplyDelete